Precision Feeding (R&D&i Programmes)
One of the research programs recently driven by ITF is the development of new nutritional approaches applied on an experimental farm. This farm is located in the area of Artesa de Segre (La Noguera).
- It has an infrastructure that allows the proper application of innovative food plans.
- It has a weekly capacity of 80 places. There are 5 piglets in each pen. Thus, this guarantees sufficient space to manage the animals optimally, facilitating sampling and weighing animals.
- The module has natural ventilation and natural and artificial lighting, offering ideal environmental conditions to ensure proper welfare of our animals, while optimising their growth.
Several nutritional studies will be conducted to enable constant renewal and improvement, applying new fields of action in making our feed and becoming increasingly competitive in today’s market.
Nutrition and profitability
In ITF we know that results depend on different factors that affect each farm to a greater or lesser degree. They are well-known factors, such as piglet genetics, sanitary control, farm management and directly related to this, the facilities themselves.
Our research, innovation and development department aims to neutralize the different variables that affect the production process, seeking diets tailored to different situations that successfully provide cost-effective solutions.
EACH ADDITIONAL KG AT POST-WEANING MEANS 3 TO 5 ADDITIONAL KG AT THE FINISHING STAGE
- Our specific focus on piglets nutrition allows us to adapt to each situation to achieve maximum nutritional efficiency.
- We are specialists in the production phase, which is why we are convinced that we must invest in the beginning to maximise the future